Below Tunnel Engineering quiz are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Quiz. These Tunnel Engineering MCQ Questions helps you to refresh your Tunnel Engineering, you can see the correct option by clicking on it. .
1. Which of the following methods of tunneling is used for long tunnels at great depths?
Needle beam method
2. The correct sequence of drilling equipment for increasing size of holes in tunnels is
Wagon drill, churn drill, shot drill
Wagon drill, shot drill, churn drill
Shot drill, churn drill, wagon drill
Churn drill, wagon drill, shot drill
3. Which one of the following is a component of a shield for tunneling?
4. Railway tunnels are generally
5. Drift method of tunneling is used to construct tunnels in
Self supporting grounds
6. The most suitable soil for compressed air tunnelling is
7. A tunnel is found more advantageous as compared to the alternate routes because it:
Remains free from snow
Reduces the cost by reducing the route distance
Reduces the maintenance cost
All the above
8. Which one of the following is considered to be an advantage of the heading and benching method of tunnel construction?
It is suitable for construction in unstable rocks
In this method, it is easy to install timber support
Tunneling can be continuous and the work can be expedited
In case of excessive water, it is easy to take correct steps
9. Concrete lining is provided concurrently with the driving operation in case of
None of these
10. In Belgium method of tunnelling
Construction of side walls is completed before invert and roof arch are built
Construction of roof arch is completed before side walls and inverts are built
Construction of invert is completed before side walls and roof arch are built
Construction of invert and side walls is completed before roof arch is built
11. Which of the following lining material is useful for shield driven tunnels in sub aqueous regions?