Below Switchgear & Protection quiz are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Quiz. These Switchgear & Protection MCQ Questions helps you to refresh your Switchgear & Protection, you can see the correct option by clicking on it. .
1. 26. Which of the following parameter can be neglected for a short line ?
2. A fuse performs ........... functions.
both detection and interruption
3. Bus coupler is very essential in arrangement
double bus, double breaker,
main and transfer bus,
all of the above.
4. The short circuit in any winding of the transformer is the result of
5. For which of the following protection from negative sequence currents is provided ?
6. Wave trap is used to trap waves of
Higher frequencies entering generator or transformer units
Either of the above,
None of the above.
7. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
Station batteries are used to operate relay only
The lightning arresters are basically surge diverters
An impedance relay has maximum fault current when fault occurs near the relay
A high speed relay has an operation of 1 to 2 cycles.
8. In a single bus-bar system there will be complete shut down when
fault occurs on the bus itself,
fault occurs on neutral line
two or more faults occur simultaneously,
fault occurs with respect to earthing
9. Underground neutral transmission system is not recommended because of system
insulation being overstressed due to over voltages
insulation overstress may lead to failure and subsequent phase to phase faults,
being inadequately protected against ground fault
all of the above.
10. When a wave propagates on a transmission line, it suffers reflection several times at
sending and other end
11. For which of the following ratings of the transformer differential protection is recommended ?
above 30 kVA.
equal to and above 5 MVA,
equal to and above 25 MVA,
none of the above
12. A voltage source can be converted into constant current source by adding
Low resistance in parallel with the voltage source
High resistance in parallel with the voltage source