Below Social Engineering quiz are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Quiz. These Social Engineering MCQ Questions helps you to refresh your Social Engineering, you can see the correct option by clicking on it. .
1. Which of the following best defines a social engineer?
Someone who spends a lot of time in public places.
Someone who leverages psychological manipulation to hack humans.
Someone who breaks into networks with sophisticated hacking tools.
Someone who designs malicious software to phish people.
2. The weakest point in a security system, is usually:
Poorly coded software
Poor network connections
3. Your manager is attending a meeting that is out of town. You receive a text message from her late at night indicating she lost her purse and asking you to urgently send her some funds until she can get to the bank in the morning. Which of the following is the biggest red flag in this scenario?
Your manager urgently needs you to send her money.
Your manager has to go to the bank in the morning.
Your manager is sending you a message late at night.
Your manager is attending a meeting that is out of town.
4. Fake emails can be an example of what?
5. Someone from the IT department calls you and states that he needs your username and password so the can run an update on your computer. How should you handle this situation?
Promptly end the phone call and report the incident to management.
Tell him you'll email your username and password to the IT department because that's a safer form of communication.
Give him your username and password since updates are a crucial part of security.
Put him on hold and ask your co-worker if their computer has been updated.
6. You receive an email from an online music service you subscribe to. The message indicates there was a problem while processing a recent payment. It also says your account will be deactivated if you don’t update your payment information within 60 minutes of reading this message. The bottom of the message includes a reassuring notification that the included link has been scanned and is clean of any viruses. Which of the following is the biggest red flag in this scenario?
There was a problem with processing a recent payment.
You received an email from your online music service.
The included link was scanned for viruses.
You'll have to act with 60 minutes of reading the message.
7. If someone leaves a USB memory sticks lying around which contain malwares they are taking part in.....
8. What is pretexting?
Pretending to be someone else to gain access to information, either in person or by phone.
Planning an important text message before sending.