Below Machine Design quiz are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Quiz. These Machine Design MCQ Questions helps you to refresh your Machine Design, you can see the correct option by clicking on it. .
1. Gears are casted by
Sand mould casting
Permanent mould casting
2. The difference between the tooth space and the tooth thickness as measured on the pitch circle, is called
3. The buckling load will be maximum for a column, if
One end of the column is clamped and the other end is free
Both ends of the column are clamped
Both ends of the column are hinged
One end of the column is hinged and the other end is free
4. In the levers of first type, the mechanical advantage is ________ one.
None of these
5. Which of the following screw thread is used for power transmission in one direction only?
6. The power transmitted by means of a belt depends upon
Velocity of the belt
Tension under which the belt is placed on the pulleys
Arc of contact between the belt and the smaller pulley