Below Fluid Mechanics quiz are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Quiz. These Fluid Mechanics MCQ Questions helps you to refresh your Fluid Mechanics, you can see the correct option by clicking on it. .
1. In which type of matter, one won’t find a free surface?
2. The fluid will rise in capillary when the capillary is placed in fluid, if
the adhesion force between molecules of fluid and tube is less than the cohesion between liquid molecules
the adhesion force between molecules of fluid and tube is more than the cohesion between liquid molecules
the adhesion force between molecules of fluid and tube is equal to the cohesion between liquid molecules
None of the above
3. Which of the following pipe bends will incur the largest head loss ?
4. Which of the following quantities has the dimensions [M0 L0 T 0]
5. The velocity components in x ,y and z directions of a velocity potential function is given by,
u=-∂Φ/∂x, v=∂Φ/∂y, w= -∂Φ/∂z
u=-∂Φ/∂x, v= -∂Φ/∂y,w= -∂Φ/∂z
u =∂Φ/∂x, v= -∂Φ/∂y,w=∂Φ/∂z
6. The rate of change of velocity due to change of position of fluid particles in a fluid flow is called as
7. The velocity vector in a fluid flow is given by, V=4x3i-10x2yj+2tk.Find the velocity vector of a fluid particle at (2,1,3) at t=1
32i + 40 j-2k
8. Which of the following contribute to the reason behind the origin of surface tension?
only cohesive forces
only adhesive forces
neither cohesive forces nor adhesive forces
both cohesive forces and adhesive forces
9. Which one of the following is the wrong statement about capillarity?Magnitudes depends upon
The diameter of tube
The specific weight of the liquid
Its surface tension
10. If there is bucket full of oil and bucket full of water and you are asked to lift them, which one of the two will require more effort given that volume of buckets remains same?
Equal effort will be required to lift both of them
None of the mentioned
11. If a person studies about a fluid which is at rest, what will you call his domain of study?
12. Buoyant force is equal to
upward pressure/downward pressure
upward pressure + downward pressure
upward pressure - downward pressure
13. Which of the following is a fluid?
14. Which of the following is NOT a fluid?
15. Rise of liquid in a capillary tube is due to
Both A & B
Neither A nor B
16. Shear stress in a fluid flowing in a round pipe
Varies parabolically across the cross-section
Remains constant over the cross-section
Is zero at the centre and varies linearly with the radius
Is zero at the wall and increases linearly to the centre
17. The value of the Bulk Modulus of elasticity for an incompressible fluid is
18. The flow in a pipe is laminar when Reynold number is